Fundraising Support Worker (Volunteer)
Time Commitment: Long-Term (6+ months)
Position Description: The London Housing Registry has been a part of London for over 30 years, and part of our success is the strong commitment and loyalty of our volunteers.
Our volunteers are the stars of our programs, without them we will never thrive. We will never reach three decades of community services, helping the most vulnerable segment of our community.
We are not only serving the chronic and episodic part of the homeless population but the overall population in housing crisis that means anyone who are at risk of becoming homeless.
We are looking for the next star, a person who is passionate and dedicated. A person who is searching for a meaningful volunteer experience. And finally, a person who has a genuine interest in helping the at-risk individuals and families who are in housing crisis.
If you believe that “Quality of Life Starts at Home” and you are interested in gaining front-line social service experience; learn new skills and training; and/or just wanted to jumpstart your career exploration and networking, this is the place to be!
Additional Opportunity Information:
Please email your cover letter, completed volunteer application form, and resume
***Please write ‘Volunteering @ LHR‘ in the subject line of your e-mail***
• 6 weekly hours / 6-month commitment
• Public Transportation is Available
• No Parking (please arrange your parking if you wish to drive)
• Fragrance-free and open door office environment
• Monday – Thursday 9 AM – 3 PM
How to Apply:
Email: Florencio Viray, Volunteer Manager
Deadline to Apply: (until position is filled)
The Fundraising Support Worker works hand in hand with our grant writer researcher, making sure our fundraising goal is met.
Details of Job Description:
• Organize, Develop and host fundraising events and projects
• Research current trends and available private and public foundations
• Assists the Grant Writer in writing, developing, completing and submitting funding application
• Assists the Grant Writer in writing agency articles for in-house communication
• Write media communication press release for fundraising events and projects
• Attend staff meetings and off-site events
• Assists with social media projects promoting fundraising efforts
• Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience Required:
• Post-secondary education in Communication, Business, Marketing and/or relevant work experience.
• Experience and knowledge of not for profit organization fundraising
• Knowledge of homeless issues, sensitivity to housing barriers for high risk population
• Highly organized, computer and database skills, self-directed, work co-operatively with staff and community partners
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Excellent Writing and computer skills (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Event Assistance
• Event Planning
• Fundraiser / Donations
• Social Media
• Communications / Writing
Required Qualifications/Training: Post-secondary education in Communication, Business, Marketing and/or relevant work experience.
The London Housing Registry encouraged diversity in the work place by encouraging open dialogue, acceptance, and tolerance of everyone’s belief, culture, gender issues and background. We encourage everyone to apply and those who are looking for meaningful volunteering!
#LHR, #VolunteeringAtLHR, #ldnont, #fundraisingsupportworker